Chocolate Chip with Peanut Swirled Cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 3-4 dozen small cookies or 2 dozen medium sized cookies
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a couple baking sheets with parchment paper
- Place peanut butter and powdered sugar in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Toss in the freezer until read to use. About 20 minutes.
- Place butter in a bowl of a stand mixer and mix until creamy. Add sugar and mix again.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mix to combine.
- Place flour, salt, and baking soda together and sift into the wet ingredients.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix until all they're all throughout the dough.
- Remove peanut butter mixture from the freezer.
- Start pulling off small chunks, about the size of a quarter, from the bowl, and adding them to the dough. Use about half the peanut butter, then turn your mixer on low for no more than 2-3 turns. Add the remaining peanut butter in small chunks, turn the mixer on low again for no longer then 2-3 turns of the mixer. You want peanut butter swirled throughout!
- Using a small or medium sized cookie scoop, scoop the cookie dough onto the lined cookie sheets, about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to cooling racks
Recipe and photo from Fabtastic Easts